Jeep TJ Rear Frame Back Half Kit
Our Jeep TJ back half kit was designed to allow TJ owners to remove the back half of their frame to allow clearance for rear coilovers and stretching the wheelbase with larger axles.
Anyone who has tried to clear coilovers on a stock frame knows how difficult it can be.
This is a do-it-yourself kit for the experienced fabricator.
This kit is designed to raise the rear frame about 6" and offset the frame rails inward about 4" on each side.
Our well thought out kit is designed to slide over the factory frame and offset the frame upward and inward creating a whole new rear back section from the body mount by the roll cage B pillar back.
We have been cutting the back half of Jeep frames off for almost 15 years. That is why when you get a kit from Dave's Customs Unlimited, LLC you will get a better designed, engineered, better looking back half kit.
This do-it-yourself kit only includes the right and left transition pieces between the factory frame and the customer-supplied 2" x 4" rectangular tubing. The 2" x 4" tubing is more aesthetically appealing and compliments the factory frame, because the factory frame is 4" tall. It also gives you a very distinctive hardcore look.
This kit comes unwelded and will require welding.
Features and Benefits
- CNC cut and formed 1/4" thick HRP&O, USA-made steel for a precise fit.
- CAD designed from factory frames to fit perfectly.
- Maximum weld surface area with weld holes.
- It has also been engineered for maximum strength and ease of assembly.
- Stylish design compliments factory frame and increases the strength.
- Uses common 2" x 4" tubing for straight sections, NOT INCLUDED (which will make shipping for this kit more affordable).
NOTE: We highly recommend a 1" body lift with this kit.
NOTE: This kit requires welding and fabrication skills. Some grinding and modifications of this kit may be necessary because of the variations in factory frames.