Jeep YJ Rear Frame Back Half "COMPLETE" Kit w/Rear Bumper
Our Jeep YJ back half kit was designed to allow YJ owners to remove the back half of their frame to allow clearance for rear coilovers and stretching the wheelbase with larger axles.
Anyone who has tried to clear coilovers on a stock frame knows how difficult it can be.
This is a do-it-yourself kit for the experienced fabricator.
This kit is designed to raise the rear frame about 4-5" and offset the frame rails inward about 3" on each side.
Our well thought out kit is designed to slide over the factory frame on the upward bend allowing adjustment for the height of your new frame rails, not like most other kits that slide over the lower straight section not allowing for height adjustment. It would be fixed to what they want, not what you want. Also on the other kits available, they mount right where you would mount your 4-link mounts (not well thought out).
We have been cutting the back half of Jeep frames off for almost 15 years. That is why when you get a kit from Dave's Customs Unlimited, LLC you will get a better designed, engineered, better looking back half kit.
This do-it-yourself kit includes the right and left transition pieces between the factory frame and the customer-supplied 2" x 4" rectangular tubing. The 2" x 4" tubing is more aesthetically appealing and compliments the factory frame, because the factory frame is 4" tall. It also gives you a very distinctive hardcore look. The kit also includes a rear bumper crossmember assembly with inner and outer frame plates to tie the whole assembly together with the customer-supplied 2" x 4" rectangular tubing. Two body mount perches are also included for the body mounts under the rear seat. Once this whole assembly is welded up, it will give you a SUPER strong setup.
This kit comes unwelded and will require welding.
Features and Benefits
- CNC cut and formed 1/4" thick HRP&O, USA-made steel for a precise fit.
- CAD designed from factory frames to fit perfectly.
- Maximum weld surface area with weld holes.
- It has also been engineered for maximum strength and ease of assembly.
- Stylish design compliments factory frame and increases the strength.
- Uses common 2" x 4" tubing for straight sections, NOT INCLUDED (which will make shipping for this kit more affordable).
- Stylish rear bumper crossmember assembly ties the new frame rails together with inner and outer frame plates for a SUPER strong setup.
NOTE: We highly recommend a 1" body lift with this kit.
NOTE: This kit requires welding and fabrication skills. Some grinding and modifications of this kit may be necessary because of the variations of factory frames.